To correctly understand the concept of anion, it is
necessary to first study the meaning of ion. According to
this term allows
us to refer to the atom (or to all of them) that obtains electric
charge from gaining or losing a certain amount of electrons.
Within the ions, therefore, we find the anion, which is an ion
that has a negative charge. This occurs as a consequence of having
gained certain electrons.
It is possible to distinguish between monoatomic anions and polyatomic
anions. In the first set, we find anions that exhibit a negative type
oxidation state, while, in the second, the oxidation state of each atom can
vary, although the set is always linked from a negative general charge.
Monoatomic anions are generally nonmetals whose valency has
been completed from an electron gain. In the case of polyatomic anions, they are
part of acids that lost protons or of molecules that managed to
Polyatomic anions derived from an acid are simply known as acid
anions. The sulfide anion, for example, is formed when the hydrogen
sulfide loses two protons of hydrogen.
When the ion has a positive electric charge, on the other hand, it is called
a cation. The aluminum, lead, sodium,
nickel, potassium, calcium, and mercury are some of the chemical elements
forming part of this group, with anions, make up the universe of ions.
The benefits of the anion for the human being are
many. Let's see some of the most important:
* strengthens the immune system: thanks to the stimulation
it produces in the group of cells that is responsible for defending our body by
organizing and directing resistance to disease;
* kills bacteria: when there is not enough oxygen, bacteria proliferate,
but the anion gives us enough oxygen so that the former do not have many
opportunities to stay alive;
* fights stress: although the anion has many beneficial
actions for our health, its effects related to stress reduction are
among the most prominent. The secret is that it influences the release of
mono-amino oxidase, an enzyme related to the elimination of serotonin. The
latter, for its part, is the neuro-hormone linked to mood;
* reduces allergy: its action helps to clean the air,
eliminating smog, pollen and mites, among other allergens, improving the
conditions in our environment.
The list goes on, and among the other benefits of anion we find the
* collaborates with the relaxation of the mind;
* helps to overcome breathing disorders;
* combat cases of anxiety and outbreaks of violence;
* it has a very pronounced analgesic effect;
* helps decrease the level of bad cholesterol and lipids;
* collaborates with the regulation of blood pressure;
* broadly speaking, it is correct to say that the consumption
of anions produces a rejuvenating effect both physically and mentally;
* offers good results on problems related to memory loss;
* improves the performance of the digestive
There are different ways to consume anion. For example, drinking anionized
water, which can be made in a matter of 24 hours using a bar known as
"hydroanion." Anion tape is another recommended resource to obtain the
aforementioned benefits, among others; in this case, it is a chewy product. There
are also patches that are placed in direct contact with the skin, and represent
the most effective option.